Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Creativity

The creative side of my brain must be working in overdrive. I have been working on several projects lately. First off, I decorated the inside of the house a week before Thanksgiving---I could not wait any longer. This past weekend Aaron and I spent Sunday putting out Christmas lights. This was actually a long day. I promise for a second I felt like we were re-living the Griswold's family Christmas. (I love the Griswold). Anyways we checked all the lights before we put any out.....go figure as soon as we decorate every tree and bush in the yard strands started going out. Yes we were out there all day and after our third attempt we seemed to get it right. Oh did I mention it was freezing and raining the entire time....yep it was. Bbbrrrr is right. I must admit though we had a good time.

One of my next projects in the house is to make a "crafts" room. Aaron and I both enjoy certain crafts. Aaron enjoys fly fishing and along with hobby he ties his own flies. So upstairs we have set up a table with all his "fly tying" equipment. This room is pretty big.....so ....I think it would be a great idea to put another table with chairs on the other side so I can have an area in the room. All my paints and scrapbooking materials are kept in this room. The only problem is, every time I use these materials I take them downstairs to work. If I had an area in the "crafts" room I would not be bringing my mess downstairs! :)


So I have been working on a new project with Lindsay and Mrs. Susan. We have been painting canvases and making picture frames. Here is some of the things I have made recently....


*First picture we ever took together*


Now I have no clue what I am doing with the new painting or the picture frames....we one frame seemed to find a home! I have this problem....I paint and make things and then shove them into the closet. I just love being crafty so just make "stuff". Maybe I will make some Christmas gifts. Well the ones I love all seem to ready for bed so I guess its time to call it a night. Hope everyone has a wonderful night and sleep tight!

Love~ Leigh


















4 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the frames...so cute! I hope we can see y'all soon...Jones is getting so big.

Jennifer said...

You need to sell some of that cute stuff. I'll be your first customer!

Unknown said...

I agree with Jenn, I will buy paintings and the frames! put stuff up for sell!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Wow, your house is absolutely beautiful! We have been in our first house for about 8 months now, and are so thankful!