Thursday, January 7, 2010

Its Snowing but where is the Snowman?

So we finally got SNOW here in my little part of Tennessee! Very rarely do we see the white stuff but when we do the whole city/county shuts it down. hah! Seriously though...If you are from the north, then Im sure you are getting ready to make fun!!! When we get snow here the bread and milk flies off the shelves and you pretty much should avoid the grocery stores unless you like to be in one for several hours {me? not so much...Im in and out}. Anyways so we go snow but I was a bit disappointed this morning when realized that it was very "fine" snow....almost like dust. Yes, it covered the ground and roof tops but it pretty much melts as soon as you touch it. Most of the schools in our area and surrounding areas are closed today but take note of my drive in to work
Northerners....yall laughing now? Yes schools are closed and roads are clear. :) Thats how we like to do it here in the South!!



On to other news!! I know I mentioned last week that before the New Year I planned on getting organized....starting with my closet. Well I followed through! I spent quite some time organizing my closet and trust me I gave away so much that I felt guilty for having all that I do and I still complain about not having an outfit to wear. Now do not go into cardiac arrest with the pictures Im getting ready to show. I should be embarrassed but hey we are friends right? So Ill share my shame with you!! Now my closet wasnt this messy at first.....BUT I had to dig out everything so the "mad" piles you see are not exactly how I keep my closet but it was me trying to dig out clothes and start piles. Yall ready?!?!?



This picture does not do justice but I actually have a pretty BIG closet too!! So here is side one and below is side two....
I keep ALL my pants in the guest room closet so this is not even all the clothes I own/owned!! After several hours of digging, sorting and organizing I was left with this
3 HUGE bags stuffed completely!! I even had a few helpers on hand........
A lot of HELP huh?!?!!? Yep here are my helpers and this is not even after the work was finished.....this was the entire time. I gave up begging and just did it myself. They are pretty stinkin cute...You too Aaron!!
Happy Thursday and I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day!!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great post to read this morning...I am laughing at my desk right now, you are SUPER CUTE!!! I cant believe the amount of clothes you have...haha!! Oh, I love it.... thanks for sharing this! Pictures are AWESOME! THey really tell the story! Thats great you were able to donate THREE BAGS! :-) I totally know what you mean when you say, you cant find an outfit...I have those days, for sure, when I know I have so much in the closet! (I guess I am not the onlt one to think that). :-)

~ 3 Men and a Lady ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~ 3 Men and a Lady ~ said...

Haha! That's great! I am the same way! I always complain that I can't find anything to wear and my husband just looks at me like I'm crazy. His clothes take up about this [...] much space in the closet , and mine is more like [.......... ] ... we have a rather large closet as well... and I switch out winter/summer clothes between the guest closet. So there is always a full closet there as well.. hahaha!
Kudos for donating 3 bags though! Love it!!

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Oh I need to do this too Leigh!

Ashley said...

YAY on the closet! I have been going around here trying to find things to clean since it's been snowing & we have been inside!!!

Thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for the calorie counter!

Have a great week girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I also organized my closet 4 days ago. I was able to donate 1 bag of clothes and shoes. So nice to see everything neat and in place now! Have a Blessed Day!

Kassandra Alexis said...

HAHA girl i feel ya thats how it is with my room at least once every couple months and with my closets, good job though! I think I saw some Vera Bradley in yout closet too, maybe :)?? I am HUGE fan in so lol! And yes the snow thing gave me a chuckler we are currently up to like 6-7 inches now and it's STILL coming, would you like to switch spots maybe lol??? I went to the store though last night and you would have thought it was the end of the world lol, it was NUTS I mean seriously come on people!! :). Have a great day girl!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Umm ya don't worry I did the exact same thing the week before New Years and (I didn't throw anything out) =) I couldn't I already did awhile back. And it's okay I have a shoe and dress room because my master closet doesn't have a long hanging section nor enough room for ALL my shoes!

Perpetual Prep said...

I'm right there with ya, sweetie!!! I love clothes. LOVE LOVE...did I mention I LOVE clothes?! Such is a woman's life, huh? ha ha ha ha Thanks for sharing - love love your blog :) Hope you're having a great night!
sHp