Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!
Well it's that time of year again....time to gobble til you wobble! I don't know about y'all but I'm going to try my hardest not to overdue it this year. There is no reason to eat until I'm miserable....Ill just try so hard to eat small portions of it all and eat more later {not at one sitting}. I love food but my diet has really changed this year especially the last few months so I do not see a reason to go and ruin it now. Gosh its just so hard when the temptation of all the yummy foods and desserts are staring at you!

This is also the time of year when we are reminded of all the things we are THANKFUL for. I always do my best to THANK the lord everyday for all my blessings!! After all we are to GIVE THANKS IN EVERYTHING. Sometimes that is tough to marinate especially when we face certain situations. I'm so thankful for my family, friends, house, job, food, clothes, car, health, church and so much more. These are things I thank him for daily!! However this morning on my ride into work, I started thinking of the things that I'm thankful for and the blessings that came in disguise. Like I said earlier -GIVE THANKS IN EVERYTHING-

I know I have mentioned my sister Robin several times in my blog. For those who are not familiar with my blog, my sister passed away in 2006 from brain cancer. {she fought for 7 years} I'm so THANKFUL for the years my sister was here and the love and joy she blessed us with. I'm most THANKFUL for her walk with the lord. Robin showed me what it was like to truly walk with the lord. I'm so thankful that I have my sister to thank for my relationship with the lord!!!

There have been times in my life when I have wished I was married with a family. {especially since most of my girlfriends are married or engaged} but I'm thankful that God has shown me the other side of my singleness. I am able to grow closer to him and serve him in ways that I may not have if I had a family. I have more time than some of my married friends or friends with children...I have time to go out and serve and spend quality time in his word.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. - 1 Chronicles 16:34

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. Be sure to take time and think about what all you are THANKFUL for.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! Be safe!!!

Elizabeth said...

There is so much to be thankful for! Our God is gooooood! :-) Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Elizabeth said...

I also wanted to say I totally understand how the holidays can be tough with losing your sister. I lost my brother in a car accident in 2007, so the holidays are always hard. Stay strong! :-)

Perpetual Prep said...

Thank you for sharing your story about your sister! I started to cry! My sister and I went through a rough patch, where we didn't talk for almost two years (sad, I know). We recently mended our relationship and are back on the right track. We both put it into perspective: what if something happened and we were acting the way we were? Life's too short. I appreciate everything I have so much more now that I'm an adult. Thank you, again, for sharing your story. Stay strong - your sissy is looking down on you and your family with a smile :) And, thanks for finding my blog - I love yours, too!

Happy Saturday!!!!!!!!
sHp